Apprentice Optical Assistant
- Company: Pullen & Symes Opticians Limited (HAKIM GROUP)
- Location: Ottery Saint Mary
- Vacancy Ref: 00000823
- Weekly wage: £227.50
- Hours per week: 35
- Sector: Optical
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team as an Optical Assistant Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in the optical industry and looking to gain valuable experience and skills.
As our new apprentice, you will be working alongside our experienced team members to provide excellent customer service to our clients. You will be responsible for tasks such as booking appointments, dispensing glasses, maintaining accurate records, and providing advice to customers on the best products for their needs. You will also have the opportunity to learn about the latest optical technology and trends, and gain experience in a fast–paced and dynamic industry. This is a fun and exciting role that offers the chance to work with a great team of people, and to develop skills that will be valuable throughout your career.
The duties within this role include:
- Greeting customers in a professional and friendly manner as they enter the practice.
- Interpreting and understanding a clinically issued prescription, its effects on the eye, and the customer’s vision.
- Helping customer’s select spectacle frame(s) that are suitable in terms of comfort, looks good and fits lifestyle requirements.
- Be able to explain the features and benefits of particular frames, using non–technical customer friendly language.
- Measuring the frames and ensure they are a suitable size for a customer and can accommodate their lenses.
- Making adjustments to customers spectacle frames using the correct tools to ensure stability and comfort.
- Basic frame repairs.
- Have a good knowledge of Ophthalmic lenses, tints and coatings to be able to meet visual / lifestyle requirements .
- Ordering prescription glasses and contact lenses in for the customer.
- Correct completion of NHS paperwork and written records in–line with company procedures.
- Making follow up appointments for customers.
- Use a focimetre to find the prescription from spectacles.
- Communicate contact lenses suitability, features and benefits.
- Carrying out pre–screening tests such as retinal imaging and pressure and visual field testing.
- Explaining offers and products to customers.
- Taking payments from customers.
- Being able to problem solve with basic optical concerns
- Understanding business KPI’s and how they affect the practices profitability
Employee Benefits Include:
- Your birthday off work
- No Sunday or bank holiday working
- Access to Simply Health (claim cash–back on health–care purchases)
- Retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship.