Skip to main content

Apprenticeship Funding

The Government has a £1000* incentive payment for every employer that employs a 16-18 year old apprentice.

Understanding the Apprenticeship Levy

The Apprenticeship Levy will be paid by employers who have a paybill in excess of £3 million. The levy will be charged at a rate of 0.5% of an employer’s paybill. Each employer will receive an allowance of £15,000 to offset against their levy payment.

In England, control of Apprenticeship funding will be put in the hands of employers through the Digital Apprenticeship Service. We can work with you to set up your account and get your employees started on their Apprenticeship journey.

If you have used your levy pot, you will only have to make a contribution of 5% towards the cost of your Apprenticeships.

Did you know that you can also transfer 50% of your Levy funds to other businesses.  

Non-Levy Paying Employers

If your annual pay bill is less than the £3 million threshold and you have 50 or more employees you will have to make a contribution of 5% towards the cost of the Apprenticeship and the government will fund the other 95%.

Employers with fewer than 50 employees will have 100% of the training and assessment costs covered when training a 16-21 year old (or 22-24 year old formerly in care or has a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan.)

Apprenticeship Standards focus on:

  1. Knowledge
  2. Skills
  3. Behaviours

Followed by an end point assessment to grade the understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours. This varies depending on the Apprenticeship, but could be a multiple choice exam, discussion and practical assessment.

CITB Logo web

CITB Apprenticeship Grants for Scaffolding Apprenticeship

CITB Apprenticeship Grants are available for the Scaffolding Apprenticeship: £2,500 per year for attendance whilst completing the Apprenticeship and a further £3,500 achievement grant on successful completion of the full Apprenticeship

Find out more

Have you got any questions? Want to discuss with a member of our expert team?

Call 01254 54659 or email

When on the Digital Apprenticeship Service, you may need our provider number – 10006987

*All payments are subject to Government funding and completion of all relevant paperwork