Covid-19 information for learners, employers and staff
On this page you will find any relevant information to support and inform you about our latest Covid-19 site safety arrangements
Our continuing commitment is to ensure everyone remains safe on Training 2000 premises.
With COVID cases recently beginning to rise across the UK we want to ensure this remains the case.
The arrangements below reflect the most recent COVID NHS advice which we ask staff & learners to follow.
Staff & Learners:
- If you have tested positive or have a high temperature prior to coming to site DO NOT attend until you are symptom free.
- Staff must contact their Line Manager and HSE Manager or HR team.
- Learners must telephone their Tutor and Employer, to let them know.
If you are over 18 you should isolate for minimum 5 days.
If you are under 18 you should isolate for a minimum 3 days.
- If you feel well enough to work, learners will be set work wherever possible, staff will work from home if possible.
- Note: Anyone who has tested positive and regularly comes into contact with people they know to be clinically vulnerable to COVID should avoid contact with that person (or persons) for 10 days from the date of a positive test.
With cases rising at the present time, our approach has changed slightly as follows:
- We have limited supplies of COVID lateral flow tests on site and we will offer a test to staff or learners with symptoms.
- If a member of staff or a learner tests positive we will ask you to leave site and recommend isolating for the time advised (as above) by the NHS.
- If COVID symptoms are mild:
- Tutors will set work for learners to study / complete at home, where possible
- Staff will work from home whilst isolating, depending on the specific nature of the role and responsibilities
You MUST continue to sign in at one of three points on site.
By signing in you are agreeing that you will wear a mask while on site if you are attending with Covid symptoms.
You also agree that you will wear your id badge at all times while on site (except in areas such as workshops with machinery where lanyards pose an entrapment risk.
Security: sign in here if you’re learning takes place in Hutchinson, Cowburn or Greenwood buildings
Westwell building: sign in here if you’re learning takes place in Westwell or Hargreaves centre workshop
Reception: Visitors & Exam candidates only sign in here.
- We are following government guidance with masks / face coverings being optional in all areas.
- However, we also expect learners and staff to follow government advice and continue to wear face coverings if they have symptoms of Covid in all areas and are well enough to attend site.
- For those people who wish to continue wearing face coverings as a matter of choice, disposable masks will be available on site however we encourage you to bring your own.
- Wearing of face coverings when travelling in company vehicles remains mandatory for everyone (minibuses & pool cars) if anyone in the car has symptoms otherwise it is personal choice.
- A timetable has been issued to tutors who will continue to manage their classes as to when they can access the restaurant – this is to minimise queueing.
- Restaurant serving times are: 08:45 to 10:00am for breakfast and 11:40 to 1:00pm for lunch
Smoking and use of vapes are restricted to the clearly marked and recently designated smoking areas in the car parks – we require that everyone uses these areas and nowhere else on site.
- In line with government guidance, Covid risk assessments have been removed however some Covid controls remain in place for those showing symptoms.
- Safety on site is our top priority and we will be closely monitoring the effects of these changes.
- We will amend our approach to managing Covid if required and communicate accordingly.
Redundancy support for apprentices
We are here to support you if you have been made redundant. Please get in touch with your career development advisor or give our recruitment team a call on 01254 54659.