Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector.
The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
A minimum of three GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths OR prior experience in administration or a similar role
Where will I study?
15 - 18 months. As well as regular visits from your assessor you’ll also attend additional knowledge classes (online) for one day a week (for 10 weeks) to support you through your Apprenticeship.
Our Apprenticeship includes:
- Flexible delivery comprising of x10 knowledge and tutorial workshops for one-to-one development and support
- One-to-one tutorials
- Access to learning on e-portfolio
- Awarding body registration and certification
- Regular assessor visits
What you'll learn
- Organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision for the future
- Organisational structure and demonstrates understanding of how their work benefits the organisation
- Practical knowledge of managing stakeholders
- Laws and regulations that apply to their role
- Organisation’s internal policies
- Applicability of business principles
- Organisation’s processes
- External environment factors
On completion of this course you may want to consider the following options to further your career.
Where can you progress to?
Frequently asked questions
This relates to evidence collected by the learner to ‘prove’ they have met the standards. This could be examples of work completed, positive feedback received from customers/managers or a written statement detailing the steps taken to resolve problems, for example.
We make use of an online portfolio system, which means everyone has access 24/7 whether working in the office or from home.
Absolutely – we support all learners to develop their Maths/English skills throughout the programme and deliver Functional Skills qualifications at the appropriate level where applicable.
The minimum duration for all Apprenticeships is 12 months. Apprenticeships can be completed at any point from month 13 depending on progress made throughout the programme.
Your assessor will conduct monthly meetings, where learning and development will take place as well as assessments.
There is a 60 day wait time from completion called the ‘gateway to End Point Assessment (EPA)’. During this time, we complete a mock-EPA to help prepare you.