An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an Assistant Accountant within practice or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation.
Part of their role will involve assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year end financial statements. In addition the Assistant Accountant may find themselves involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at Grade 6 or above, including maths and English are required. Information Technology is desirable.
- OR a Level 2 AAT qualification. If you haven’t got your Level 2 we will include basic book keeping at the start of your Level 3.
Where will I study?
Training 2000 Blackburn
16 months - one day per week
Our Apprenticeship includes:
- Structured delivery programme that includes one day in the classroom per week at our Blackburn/ Preston site comprising of knowledge and tutorial sessions
- Assessor visits and reviews in your workplace
- Access to learning on e-portfolio
- Assessor visits
What you'll learn
- Business awareness
- IT systems and processes
- Ethical standards
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Management accounting
On completion of this course you may want to consider the following options to further your career.
Where can you progress to?
Frequently asked questions
Association of Accounting Technicians and is a highly recognised professional accounting qualification.
The AAT qualification is equal to a Level 4. This is similar to an access course in the first year of university.
The salary ranges from £20,000 for a Level 2 apprentice up to £37,000 when you are fully qualified. Some accounting technicians open up their own accounting practices and work for themselves. The earning potential is then unlimited, the more clients you engage the more you make.
You will have a dedicated Career Development Advisor, our Functional Skills tutors and Learner Support Officers. You will also be supported by your Manager/ mentor at your workplace.
At the moment all our classes are online, but normally we offer classes at our Blackburn site or at Preston (UCLan).
Yes, approximately every 12 weeks you will have an AAT exam.