FE/HE Tutor (Engineering)
- Date posted: Wednesday, 6 September 2023
- Closing date: Friday, 24 November 2023
- Location: Blackburn
- Salary: £35,700 - £38,850 per annum
- Contract type: Permanent
- Department: Engineering
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Interview date: TBC
We have an exciting opportunity at Training 2000 for an FE/HE Tutor to join an established team of professionals within the Engineering department. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dedicated individual to join the team to support the growth of the programme and continue the successes.
Main purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to deliver highly innovative and dynamic learning sessions on the engineering programmes that cover further & higher education qualifications as directed across all current and new engineering standards, working with colleagues to ensure learners are effectively supported throughout their programme to enable them to reach their full potential.
The key duties of the role will include:
- To enable learners to be resilient, motivated and inspired to reach their personal goals and ambitions.
- To design, develop and deliver creative, inclusive learning programmes, schemes of work, lesson plans and materials to deliver high quality structured learning sessions to meet learners’ needs and programme specifications.
- To contribute to the internal verification, assessment and standardisation of work and to the development and delivery of the SAR and the QIP in the pursuit of continuous improvement towards excellence.
- To maintain accurate and up to date learner tracking records that meet company requirements and external specifications, and to provide information regarding learners progress and achievements, and take effective steps where learners require support in order to reach their full potential.
- To effectively manage the delivery environment to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all learners and to follow guidance in effectively contributing to the management of Training 2000’ internal systems and procedures.
- To embrace the concept of Training 2000’ ambitions that all members of its community are lifelong learners which includes continuous professional development.
- To effectively manage the personal development, behaviours and welfare of learners which leads to them becoming good citizens and members of the community.
Why work for Training 2000?
We believe Training 2000 is a great place to work. We genuinely care about our employees and offer a highly competitive benefits package, including:
- 29 days holiday (increasing to 34 days in accordance with service) plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Life insurance based on 4 x annual salary
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Annual CPD days and opportunities for career development and progression
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Remote working
- Free parking (on and off-site)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, we conduct social media checks for all candidates shortlisted for interview in order to ascertain their suitability to work with children and young people.
We reserve the right to close this job vacancy early, should we find a suitable candidate prior to the closing date specified.