Skills Development Advisor - Engineering
- Date posted: Friday, 26 January 2024
- Closing date: Sunday, 31 March 2024
- Location: Blackburn
- Salary: £28,000 per annum
- Contract type: 1 position Permanent, 1 position FTC (2 years)
- Department: Engineering
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Interview date: TBC
Would you like a career where you can genuinely make a difference in the work you undertake, every single day?
Would you be interested in a career that offers an excellent work life balance as well as several company benefits including:
- Flexible hybrid working
- Monday to Friday with a 12:30pm finish on Fridays each week
- 27 days annual leave, rising by 1 day each year of service* plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Paid Birthday leave
- Contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- Life insurance (x4 annual salary)
- Health Cash Plan (after qualifying period)
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Access to company pool cars
- Comprehensive induction programme as well as annual CPD days and access to training courses
- Free parking
- On-site cafeteria
- Family friendly policies
- Modern facilities
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
*up to a maximum of 35 days annual leave
Training 2000, one of the UK’s largest Training Providers and part of the University of Central Lancashire, are recruiting a Skills Development Advisor. This unique and exciting position is focused on supporting our future generation of Engineers, to shape them into exceptionally talented, fully qualified employees.
As part of the Apprentice Work Based Learning team, the role will support and manage the apprenticeship journey from onboarding until end point assessment and completion. Working closely with Skills Development Coaches (Assessors) to create an individualised training plan which meets the needs and ambitions of the apprentice to achieve end point assessment and be successful in their chosen career.
As part of your role, you will work with a case load of Engineering Apprentices and their employers, who include local SME’s as well as some of the nation’s largest Manufacturing employers. This will include regular face to face meetings at employer sites therefore it is essential that the successful candidate holds a full, clean driving licence.
Please refer to the Role Profile for further information
Equality of Opportunity
Training 2000 are committed to equality, diversity and access for all. We firmly believe in having a good work life balance and recognise that everyone is unique in their own way.
Applicants who, because of a disability, would prefer recruitment information/forms in a more accessible format should contact the HR team by telephone: 01254 54659
The safeguarding of our learners is at the heart of everything that we do. Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, learners, sub-contractors, employers and visitors to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to the receipt of enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a check via the Update Service as well as other recruitment checks.
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, we conduct social media checks for all candidates shortlisted for interview in order to ascertain their suitability to work with children and young people.
We reserve the right to close this job vacancy early, should we find a suitable candidate prior to the closing date specified.