Basic Mechanical Maintenance
This course covers:
- Bearings: Recognise defects
- Remove a range of plain, ball and roller bearings
- Select and correctly fit a range of bearings
- Basic principles of Hydraulics Systems/ Mechanical devices Removing fitting and adjusting
- Belt and Chain drive mechanisms
- Shafts and couplings including alignment
- Drive Keys
- Clutches and gear systems.
Where will I study:
Training 2000 Blackburn
To enable non-mechanical personnel to carry out simple mechanical tasks safely and efficiently and be able to identify mechanical faults.
Method of delivery
Lecture, demonstration, hands-on exercise using actual mechanical tools and equipment.
Who is this for
Electrical and other non-mechanical maintenance staff.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Apply the principles and practices of workshop safety
- Use and understand mechanical terminology
- Read simple engineering drawings
- Identify engineering fixing and locking devices
- Select and identify screw threads ( size & type )
- Use a wide range of basic measuring and marking equipment.
Observation & Qustioning.
Date last updated:10 March 2021