CISRS – Advanced Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme (SITS)
This course is intended for persons responsible for inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use.
It is also intended for persons signing certificates and registers in accordance with the statutory regulations.
Pricing available upon request
Where will I train?
Training 2000 Blackburn
- Delegates are required to have held the CISRS Basic Inspection Card for a minimum of 2 years. (Until 2012 Basic Inspection certificates which have been delivered through a CISRS centre will be accepted as entrance criteria onto this programme) CISRS Scaffolder status card holders are eligible to attend this Advanced Scaffold Inspection Training. This experience may be required to be confirmed with contactable referees.
- SITS card applications can only be processed where a current CSkills H&S test either Work at Height or Supervisory (taken within last 2 years) or an appropriate exemption is in place evidence of which should be provided upon attendance.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will have been provided the knowledge and demonstrated their ability through assessment to be able to:
- Identify and inspect tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings correctly
- State the main requirements of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Construction (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1996, Work at Height Regulations 2005 and Codes of Practice relating to scaffolding.
- Identify the construction requirements common to all scaffolds to include:
- Scaffold Framework
- Platforms, handrails & toe-boards
- Ladder access
- Carry out inspections and fault identification on access scaffolds
- Complete and maintain records in accordance with current statutory provision
- Safely and correctly inspect and record on-going and completed various basic scaffolds
Frequently asked questions
Delegates attending this course will have some awareness and experience of scaffolding structures. This experience will be from their time in their individual industry sector. This experience may be required to be confirmed with contactable referees.
CISRS would expect delegates to have awareness and experience of scaffolding structures, which would have come from time spent in their individual industry sector e.g. construction, engineering, manufacturing, offshore etc. This experience would be required to be confirmed by the production of a CV with contactable references and/or certificates. Examples of acceptable experience are:
- Delegate holds current CISRS Scaffolder/Advanced Card
- Delegate has previously attended a scaffold appreciation/awareness course
- Delegate has previously attended a Scaffold Inspection course
Where a candidate has no experience of scaffold structures there is a pre-requisite in place to attend a general scaffold awareness course (3 days) in advance of attending the Basic Scaffold Inspection Training.
Lecture, demonstration and discussion
Successful achievement of this CISRS certificated Basic Inspection Course will be assessed through a Practical Scaffold Inspection (100% fault identification required) supported by a multiple choice written test (80% pass mark required).
- All delegates will be issued with NASC Inspection Folders
- Application for CISRS Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) Status card is covered within the course
- Please note: SITS card applications can only be processed where a current CSCS H&S test (test taken within last 2 years) or one of the below listed exemptions – evidence of which is to be provided upon attendance.
- Current CCNSG Safety Passport Supervisor (SCATS Card)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificates (Taken within 2 years of application)
- SMSTS (Taken within 2 years of application)
- SSSTS (Taken within 2 years of application)