CISRS Basic Scaffold Safety Inspection (Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme)
To develop the delegates understanding of scaffold components, forms of construction and inspection procedures of basic access scaffolds.
You will also understand how to comply with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
Pricing available on request
Method of delivery
Classroom, practical and discussion
Upon completion of the course, delegates will have been provided the knowledge and demonstrated their ability through assessment to be able to:
- Identify and inspect tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings correctly
- State the main requirements of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Construction (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1996, Work at Height Regulations 2005 and Codes of Practice relating to scaffolding
- Identify the construction requirements common to all scaffolds to include:
- Scaffold Framework
- Platforms, handrails & toe-boards
- Ladder access
- Carry out inspections and fault identification on access scaffolds
- Complete and maintain records in accordance with current statutory provision
- Safely and correctly inspect and record on-going and completed various basic scaffolds Application for CISRS Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) Status card is covered within the course.
Frequently asked questions
Delegates attending this course will have some awareness and experience of scaffolding structures. This experience will be from their time in their individual industry sector. This experience may be required to be confirmed with contactable referees. Where a candidate has no experience of scaffold structures there is a pre-requisite in place to attend a general scaffold awareness course (3 days) in advance of attending the Basic Scaffold Inspection Training.
Delegates may include employees from outside the scaffolding industry such as Site Managers Site Engineers Health & Safety Professionals etc. SITS card applications can only be processed where a current CSkills H&S test either Work at Height or Supervisory (taken within last 2 years) or an appropriate exemption is in place evidence of which should be provided upon attendance.
Successful achievement of this CISRS certificated Basic Inspection Course will be assessed through a Practical Scaffold Inspection (100% fault identification required) supported by a multiple choice written test (80% pass mark required).