PUWER 1998 Abrasive Wheels
A 1 day course to gain a full understanding of the legal duties as outlined within the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
Delegates will learn and understand the Health & Safety at Work Act in relation to abrasive wheels.
£150 + VAT
Where will I train?
Training 2000, Blackburn
This course will cover:
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Selection and inspection of grinding wheels
- Mounting and dressing of grinding wheels
- Fitting and adjusting safety devices and tools rests
- Pre-use inspection of equipment
- Protection from sparks dust and noise
Once you've finished the course you'll be able to
- Understand both the employers and employees duties under both the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Select suitable grinding wheels
- Safely mount grinding wheels
- Understand the importance of correct fitting and adjustment of guards and safety devices
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.