Hybrid Electric Vehicle Awareness
With the large increase in Hybrid Electric Vehicles and vehicle manufacturers moving away from the dependence of the internal combustion engine, the industry requires awareness of HEV vehicles.
This qualification is designed to provide candidates with an introduction to the knowledge of safe working practices, the dangers surrounding and the precautions required to avoid potential injury when near Electric/Hybrid Vehicles.
These roles can include but are not exclusive to:
Non-technical roles such as:
- Parts Advisors
- Sales and Aftersales Advisor
- Event Staff
- Vehicle Recovery Personnel
- Vehicle Dismantlers
- Vehicle Damage Assessors
- Electric / Hybrid Professional Vehicle Drivers
Also essential for the public sector service (for example, members of the emergency services who may attend an accident involving an electric vehicle).
£140 + VAT – this includes registration and certification with the IMI
Method of delivery
Classroom and demonstration
What will I learn?
- Know about the types of electric vehicles available
- Understand the hazards around high energy electrical systems
- Know how to work safely around electric vehicles
Frequently asked questions
Training 2000’s automotive centre, Blackburn
This knowledge qualification is tested via a multiple choice test only.