Because of the global pandemic, the Government have doubled the extra bonus for employers that hire a new apprentice between April and September 2021 to £3000* (for any age). Training 2000 also offers Traineeships for 16-18 year olds, if you hire a trainee, you could get another bonus payment of £1000*. There is an additional incentive for the hiring a 16-18 year old apprentice for levy and non-levy paying employers of £1000. So you could be eligible for £5000*!
Understanding the Apprenticeship Levy
The Apprenticeship Levy will be paid by employers who have a paybill in excess of £3 million. The levy will be charged at a rate of 0.5% of an employer’s paybill. Each employer will receive an allowance of £15,000 to offset against their levy payment.
In England, control of apprenticeship funding will be put in the hands of employers through the Digital Apprenticeship Service. We can work with you to set up your account and get your employees started on their apprenticeship journey.
If you have used your levy pot, you will only have to make a contribution of 5% towards the cost of apprenticeships.
Did you know that you can also transfer some of your Levy funds to a different company. This helpful video gives you more information.
Non-Levy Paying Employers
If your annual pay bill is less than the £3 million threshold and you have 50 or more employees you will have to make a contribution of 5% towards the cost of the apprenticeship and the government fund the other 95%.
Employers with fewer than 50 employees will have 100% of the training and assessment costs covered when training a 16-18 year old (or 19-24 year old formerly in care or has a Local Authority Education, Health and Care plan.)
From the 31st July 2020, all apprenticeships provided in England will be ‘standards’ not ‘frameworks’, focusing on:
Have you got any questions? Want to discuss with one of our expert team? Call 01254 54659 or email [email protected]
When on the Digital Apprenticeship Service, you may need our provider number – 10006987
*All incentive payments are subject to Government funding and completion of all relevant paperwork
Frankie first found out about engineering while she was in year 8 at high school. She came to an event at Training 2000 that was aimed at getting girls into engineering and joined our Saturday morning club when she was in year 11. Since then she knew that a career in engineering was for her!
"It’s good that they still do engineering for girls day, as that’s what brought me into engineering and hopefully it will get more females interested.
I would recommend an engineering apprenticeship, but it’s not an easy option! But it does mean that you have got a job at the end unlike going to university"
Complete the following details and we will get in touch.