Training Officer – Project & Design
December 11, 2017
TRAINING OFFICER (ASSESSOR) – Engineering Design/Project Control
Training 2000 is a charitable trust set up by a consortium of Lancashire businesses and is now one of the largest Group Training Associations in England, with over 50 years’ experience of delivering high quality work-based learning and training programmes to industry and individuals. We have grown to more than 250 staff and 6 centres across the North West and other areas of the UK, working with national employers across a wide range of sectors, whilst maintaining local support.
An important opportunity has arisen within the Company’s Engineering department for a Training Officer – Employer Engagement, with a specific background in Engineering Design and Project Control
About the Role:
This role will be based from Training 2000’s site in Blackburn and will be permanent role.
It will primarily be responsible for the management and assessment of Apprentices following a Design or Project Control standard or framework.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide a full and comprehensive training service to Company’s on their business needs, including the delivery of professional and focused support through innovative delivery of Company programmes which will inspire learners to achieve their potential.
The position requires a self-motivated and effective team player who possesses excellent communication and organisational skills.
A relevant assessing qualification and previous assessing experience is advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided for this role.
Applicants must have completed a recognized Engineering Apprenticeship and a background, with experience in Engineering Design and/or Project Control is essential.
- To deliver motivational and inspirational learning programmes in a timely, cost effective manner, in line with specific business targets and quality assurance standards.
- To deliver professional and focussed support, through the innovative delivery of the Company’s programmes and frameworks which will inspire learners to achieve their potential.
- To provide comprehensive guidance, advice and support to Employers, customers and learners on their training needs, requirements covering all of the Training 2000 training portfolio.
- To continuously develop the relationship with employers, customers and learners to secure profitable business opportunities which are sustainable and which enhance the Company reputation of delivery and quality service in a highly responsive manner.
- To develop and continuously improve the provision of a highly responsive customer service, based on a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business needs, embracing both internal and external customers which is built on quality of service, strong customer relationships and employer engagement.
- To generate additional revenues in line with the Company’s business plan by recruiting quality learners through effective initial assessment and further development of existing client relationships in order to gain new customers both internally and externally to the organisation.
- To carry out and effectively manage the quality assurance process in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures adhering to the requirements of external stakeholders which includes awarding bodies and funding organisations.
- To monitor and continuously update learner records ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations in line with company requirements and providing information regarding Learner’s progress, achievements and support needs as directed, to inform performance.
- To provide a supportive and safe environment for learners to achieve success both through employment and pastoral care in line with the company’s safeguarding policy, health and safety policy and code of conduct as part of the organisations duty of care.
- To support the development of a culture which embraces Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and the company core values through challenging and continuous improvement.
- To carry out regular risk assessments of the learning process and environment in accordance with the Company’s risk assessment policy and procedure, and implement any relevant control measure/ action plans.
- To promote, sell and deliver Apprenticeships and higher level Engineering Qualifications to Level 4, where appropriate, as part of the Company’s Strategic Business Development Plan.
- To professionally liaise and work with all key stakeholders involved in the learning process to ensure full integration, support and promotion of the company’s services.
- To be responsible for self development including continuous professional Development and competence incorporating both academic and professional training in line with the Institute for Learning Code of Professional Conduct and awarding body requirements.
- To be fully flexible, in accordance with business needs to support and undertake a variety of roles, including Training Officer – Engineering Centre, FE Tutor and Training Officer – Engineering Engagement.
Terms and Conditions:
This full time, permanent post offers an attractive employment package, including benefits such as 27 days holidays in addition to bank holidays which increase with service up to a maximum of 32 days, free parking, company pension scheme and free life insurance, subject to qualification periods.
Appointments are subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS; formally the CRB), or a check via the Update Service on a relevant enhanced disclosure. Further information can be obtained from www.gov.co.uk.
How to Apply:
Please contact Katy Connon, HR Business Partner, for an application pack on 01254 54659 or email [email protected].
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st January 2018
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Committed to Equality of Opportunity and Access for All Training 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff, sub-contractors, visitors, employers and other learners to share this commitment