Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship
- Company: Smart Xpress Paint & Body Ltd
- Location: Blackpool
- Vacancy Ref: 00000224
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Automotive
This vacancy is for a Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship based in Blackpool.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
A Vehicle Damage Paint Technician works in the vehicle body repair sector of the motor industry.
The role is to prepare, spray and finish vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents, in an efficient manner.
The vehicles can include cars/light commercial vehicles.
This includes ensuring correct colour match and final finish to the company and customer’s exacting standards.
This is usually within a collision repair workshop or smart repair workshop/mobile repair micro business, working alongside another fully qualified Paint Technician.
The general duties within this role may include:
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair e.g. substrate surface preparation, paint volume calculation etc.
- Correctly identify the substrate materials to be refinished e.g. plastic, steel, aluminium etc.
- Interpret relevant technical data and methods to create paint manufactures specified application.
- Use refinishing materials following paint manufacturer specifications to reinstate vehicle finish back to high quality
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment.
- Follow all company safe working practices and adhere to all Health and safety policies and procedures.
Training to be provided
- Work based training and mentoring.
- Off–site theory and practical training on a block release basis.