Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship
- Company: James Alpe Ltd
- Location: Clitheroe
- Vacancy Ref: 00000135
- Weekly wage: £195.00
- Hours per week: 39
- Sector: Automotive
James Alpe Ltd is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician to join their Accident Repair Centre in Clitheroe.
A Vehicle Damage Paint Technician works in the vehicle body repair sector of the motor industry. The role is to prepare, spray and finish vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents, in an efficient manner. The vehicles can include cars/light commercial vehicles. This includes ensuring correct colour match and final finish to the company and customer’s exacting standards.
A technician is able to follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high–quality paint finish. Demonstrating colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and clearcoats applied using spray equipment and utilising modern drying/curing techniques in the refinishing of vehicles. Create a safe environment working efficiently and reducing waste.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full–time employment.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and paint customer vehicles
- Involvement in drying and curing techniques used in the finishing of vehicles
- Calculation / estimation of paint volume requirements per job
*Health & Safety and compliance requirements of a collision repair business, such as control of substances
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g. mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment.
Training to be provided
- Vehicle damage paint technician, Level 3 (A level)
- Work based training and mentoring.
- Off–site theory and practical training on a block release basis.