Trainee Toolmaker and Tool and Die Technician
- Company: Presspart Manufacturing Ltd
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000032
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Trainee Toolmaker and Tool & Die Technician based in Blackburn .
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Toolmaker and Tool & Die Technicians are predominantly involved in the highly skilled, complex and specialist detailed work of manufacturing and maintaining the engineering tooling used to produce components, products and assemblies.
This requires the application of a broad range of activities including:
- Interpret Engineering drawings and technical instructions
- Use of hand, machine and computer controlled machines, tools and measuring equipment
- Comply with applicable legislation and organisational safety requirements
- Test and adjust systems they have built or maintained ensuring tooling, jigs fixtures and assemblies meet the required specification
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) ? Toolmaker, Tool & Die Maintenence.
- Level 3 Diploma or extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved).