Trainee Optical Assistant
- Company: The Eye Place Sheffield
- Location: Sheffiled
- Vacancy Ref: 00000073
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Optical
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Optical Assistant based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
We are looking for a unique and passionate individual to join our team.
We are a well–established group of Independent practices located in London and are well known for our comprehensive eye examinations, using the latest technology along with a variety of luxury and bespoke eyewear brands.
The right candidate will be confident and efficient, providing patients with the best quality of service and care alongside supporting the team in practice.
Main job roles will include;
- Greeting patients entering the practice
- Registering patients for their appointment, dealing with personal information
- Updating patient records on our computer system
- Stock control
- Pre–screening patients, using the latest equipment
- Ordering spectacles and contact lenses.
- Giving patients help and advice
We are covid secure and continue to follow government advice and Optical/health bodies guide
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Functional skills Maths and Literacy, can be obtained on the course (if required)
- Enhancement / challenge – how to develop ourselves
- Equality and diversity – treating others equally, respect / accept others from different backgrounds
- British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, individual liberty
- Prevent – safeguarding individuals from being drawn into terrorism
- Digital skills – keeping up with technology and effective use