Trainee Dental Nurse
- Company: Cramond House Dental Practice
- Location: Clitheroe
- Vacancy Ref: 0028Z
- Weekly wage: £228.90
- Hours per week: 38.1
- Sector: Dental
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Clitheroe.
The successful applicant will provide clinical support to dentists, hygienists and patients under supervision, assist with reception or any clerical duties as required and perform such other tasks as reasonably requested by the practice owner.
The duties within this role include:
- Assist dentist, hygienist or therapist by providing dental chair side support duties relevant to stage of competence under supervision of a named GDC registrant in accordance with the GDC guidance for trainee dental nurses.
- Keep a log of your structured induction and on–going compliance training and ensure each training session is counter–signed by your supervisor – a named GDC registrant.
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification leading to the registration with the GDC.
- Follow all practice policies and procedures.
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all of the dental team.
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and conditions.
- Assist with reception duties and perform other clerical duties if required.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work.
Key tasks to be carried out under supervision:
Develop and demonstrate competence in:
- The chair side support procedures.
- The manipulation and application of dental materials across a range of dental procedures.
- Decontamination and preparation of treatment rooms for a range of dental procedures.
- Decontamination of dental devices using appropriate practice decontamination equipment after receiving the necessary vaccinations.
- Decontamination equipment maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction.
- Waste segregation and disposal in accordance with the practice policies and procedures.
- Use of the practice computer and X–ray systems.
- Completion of laboratory request forms and keeping records of all items sent, received and fitted.
- Checking that all necessary laboratory work is returned and ready for each session.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment