Trainee CNC Machinist
- Company: Riverside Precision Engineering Ltd
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000056
- Weekly wage: £187.50
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice CNC Machinist based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The apprentice will work alongside an experienced CNC machinist to learn the skills required to fulfil the job role.
Main responsibilities include:
- On a day–to–day basis the apprentice will help the team to maintain the highest of efficiencies.
- To learn the parts, tools and the operation of equipment to be used in the trade
- Be able to set up, operate and adjust/edit equipment settings as applicable to the machine tool being used
- Be able to measure and check the components being produced and adjust the equipment/programme to ensure components meet the required specification
- Be able to work with supervision, take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work produced
- Be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving the business
- The apprentice will be expected, to identify and potential problems, issues or defects which may result in delay and report these to the machine shop supervisor
- To be always and remain professional.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and possess good written and verbal communication skills
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)