Trainee CAD Design Apprentice
- Company: Pendle Engineering
- Location: Nelson
- Vacancy Ref: 0029W
- Weekly wage: £161.25
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for a Trainee CAD Design Apprentice based in Nelson, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
An exciting employment opportunity has arisen for a trainee CAD designer to join a well–established team, working in many different sectors, across, furniture, security health, and transport
Established over 40 years and are first class engineers in high end low volume prototype engineering. As a Trainee CAD Designer, you will required to learn how to prepare drawings from initial conception through to completion.
The main responsibilities of a Trainee CAD Designer are:
- Research, design and create new products
- Find out the manufacturing requirements by examining materials and production costs
- Present designs and perform demonstrations of product prototypes for the approval of clients
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation
- Use mechanical, electrical and electronic testing devices and equipment
- Prepare and use lathes, milling machines, as well as other general or specialist high technology equipment such as 3D printing/additive manufacturing techniques
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Product Design and Development
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)