- Company: Lupton & Place Ltd
- Location: Burnley
- Vacancy Ref: 00000043
- Weekly wage: £180.37
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Trainee Toolmaker based in Burnley, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
As a Trainee Toolmaker, you will be expected to ensure that all tooling, ancillary equipment, jigs and fixes are maintained and ready for production. To carry out tooling modifications and repairs as neccessary to worn out and damaged tools. To provide practical, hands on support to production areas as required which may include carrying out die changes, die preparation, attending to breakdowns and trouble shooting.
The successful applicant will:
- Operate plant & equipment in a safe manner
- Ensure dies and ancillary equipment are prepared correctly, following instructions
- Be able to examine drawings & specifications
- Be able to operate hand and machine tools, making adjustments when required to ensure dimensional accuracy
- Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and neatly
- Identify areas for improvement
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) ? Toolmaker, Tool & Die Maintenence.
- Level 3 Diploma or extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved).