Senior Healthcare Support Worker Assistant
- Company: National Neurological Services (Ltd)
- Location: Preston
- Vacancy Ref: 00000149
- Weekly wage: £262.50
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Healthcare
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Senior Healthcare Support Worker based in Preston.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The duties within this role include:
- Assisting registered professionals and nursing staff with a range of clinical and non–clinical procedures and healthcare activities.
- Working within the competencies of the specified role and pathway dependent upon your work based environment; adult nursing, theatre support, allied healthcare, mental health and children & young person?s support.
- Supporting patients within a wide range of scenarios and contexts to promote choice, rights, dignity, respect and person centred care.
- Abiding by the 6 C?s of care.
*Recording and storing notes, medical history?s and physiological measurement results on either paper based or computerized systems.
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, bodily fluids, used equipment and PPE.
- Carrying out assessments and physiological measurements on patients and reporting any concerns to line manager.
- Abiding by and following all relevant data protection protocols when carrying out administrative duties.
- Chaperoning patients during procedures to provide a safe and effective service.
- Preparing patients for any healthcare activities with relevant levels of support and guidance.
- Assisting with the preparation, decontamination and calibration of all equipment for healthcare activates. Inclusive of stock control for equipment.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Senior Healthcare Support Worker (Specified Pathway)
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Functional skills in Maths and Literacy (if required)
- Skills development in the relevant pathway sector (adult nursing, theatre support, allied healthcare, mental health and children & young person?s support)
- Employer Rights and Responsibility
- Personal Learning and thinking Skills