Optical Assistant Apprentice
- Company: Plimview Ltd
- Location: London
- Vacancy Ref: 00000857
- Weekly wage: £211.20
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Optical
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Optical Assistant based in London.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience within an Optical company supporting day to day tasks whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Confident person who can speak with patients in person and on the telephone in a friendly and professional manner
- input patient details and prescription details onto the computer
- file away manual records
- complete NHS paperwork and written records
- take payment
- help patients to select suitable frames that look good and fits lifestyle
- carry out minor spectacle adjustments and repairs
- Learn about the various opthalmic lenses, tints ans coatings to meet visual/lifestyle requirements
- communicate contact lenses features and benefits
- teach patients how to put in and take out contact lenses
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Functional skills Maths and Literacy, can be obtained on the course (if required).
- Enhancement / challenge – how to develop ourselves.
- Equality and diversity – treating others equally, respect / accept others from different backgrounds.
- British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, individual liberty.
- Prevent – safeguarding individuals from being drawn into terrorism.
- Digital skills – keeping up with technology and effective use.