- Company: Vista Optical Ltd
- Location: Buxton
- Vacancy Ref: 00000078
- Weekly wage: £185.50
- Hours per week: 35
- Sector: Optical
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Optical Assistant based in Buxton.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our friendly franchise team in Buxton, who has an outstanding desire to learn new clinical and customer based skills.
The role is for an Apprentice Optical Assistant, along with on the job training you will also be enrolled onto a Level 2 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship with our Training provider.
A vital role in providing our customers and patients the very best experience at Boots Opticians at every step of the customer journey. You will drive sales through great product knowledge and style advice to provide the most appropriate eyewear solutions for customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating great rapport with customers and understand their needs throughout their journey; making recommendations suited to the customer’s vison and lifestyle needs
- Using the Optometrist’s recommendations to build perfect product solutions for the customer, including accessories, contact lenses and additional pairs
- Delivering the technical tasks in the practice by ensuring the safe supply of eyewear, such as ordering, verification, contact lens teaches, glasses collections, glasses adjustments and relevant administration
- Delivering operational processes and tasks relating to the role such as date checking, banking etc, in order to give right first time customer care
- Follow all legal and professional requirements and clinical SOP’s to the required standards
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Functional skills Maths and Literacy, can be obtained on the course (if required)
- Enhancement / challenge – how to develop ourselves
- Equality and diversity – treating others equally, respect / accept others from different backgrounds
- British values – democracy, rule of law, respect and tolerance, individual liberty
- Prevent – safeguarding individuals from being drawn into terrorism
- Digital skills – keeping up with technology and effective use