Multi-skilled Engineering Apprentice
- Company: Huhtamaki Bcp Limited
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000103
- Weekly wage: £168.35
- Hours per week: 35
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Multi–skilled Engineering Apprentice based in Blackburn.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
- To build foundation knowledge of electrical, single phase, and three phase systems, control systems, motion control, PC, PLC and technical aspects of all plant equipment and facilities.
- Learn how to investigate and repair electrical and mechanical breakdowns and malfunctions.
- Carry out routine planned maintenance on all site electrical, electronic and production equipment working to a planned maintenance schedule.
- Learn how to maintain and update all maintenance and equipment documentation, which will include PC based systems, accurately and on time.
- Assist technical staff and be involved with development and continuous improvement work whilst working under direction. Participate in project work on new equipment and plant as necessary.
- Understand how to investigate and correct processing problems with the assistance of an engineer and the operating personnel, and other specialist personnel, as necessary. Assist in route cause analysis giving information about work completed and remedial actions to prevent reactive situations occurring on equipment.
- Learn how to undertake the writing and updating of risk assessments and SOP?s
- Understand how to rebuild spare assemblies to ensure critical spares are available at all times for focused areas and correctly book out spare parts from the engineering stores.
- Keep the working areas clean and tidy, cleaning up after each maintenance operation.
- Ensure that all equipment is safe, maintained and used correctly.
- Understand and comply with all local policies and procedures.
- Attend college and complete course work on time and to the required standard.
- Take on additional responsibility in Years 2 and 3 of Apprenticeship.
- Maintain a portfolio of work carried out during the apprenticeship and ensure it is regularly checked and signed off by line supervisor.
- Work with increasing independence as the apprenticeship progresses.
- Stand in for engineering duties to cover holiday or absenteeism, as required, following achievement of a satisfactory standard.
- Assist with the moving of plant or equipment under supervision.
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
Interested? Apply now