Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
- Company: Chorley Autofit
- Location: Chorley
- Vacancy Ref: 0026C
- Weekly wage: £193.50
- Hours per week: 45
- Sector: Automotive
This vacancy is for a Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprentice based in Chorley, Lancashire.
The Motor Vehicle Service & Maintenance Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard is suitable for aspiring technicians.
Learn to service and repair light vehicles, replace components, solve complex faults, use diagnostic methods and equipment, as well as a whole array of other skills.
Designed with different learning styles in mind, ensures apprentices are fully engaged and prepared for their End–Point Assessment (EPA).
A motor vehicle technician services and repairs light vehicles, working in either a dealership that focuses on a particular manufacturer, or for an independent garage.
Working on all systems found within the vehicle, the nature of the work ranges from replacing simple parts, right through to diagnosing and rectifying complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment.
The general duties within this role may include:
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop.
- Demonstrate due regard for own safety and that of others in the workshop and minimise risk of injury and vehicle damage.
- Carry out fundamental tasks associated with removal and replacement procedures on a vehicle;
- Obtain diagnostic and repair information
- Interpret diagnostic information and use electrical wiring diagrams to determine system serviceability.
- Use a range of diagnostic equipment.
- Follow recognised diagnostic procedures, logical diagnostic sequence and apply advanced diagnostic principles and problem–solving techniques to establish faults.
- Report faults using company procedures and recommend suitable further actions.
- Follow recognised repair procedures to complete a wide range of repairs including those which involve complex procedures, or in depth knowledge.
- Test the function of repaired and fitted components.
- Adhere to business processes and complete documentation following workplace procedures.
- Use ICT to create emails, word–process documents and carry out web based searches.
- Complete a range of services and inspect and prepare a vehicle to the required quality standard for handover to the customer.
Training to be provided
- Work based training and mentoring. Off–site theory and practical training on a day release basis.