Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Apprentice
- Company: Surteco Uk Ltd
- Location: Burnley
- Vacancy Ref: 00000214
- Weekly wage: £266.00
- Hours per week: 38
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for a Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Apprentice based in Burnley, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Mechatronics Maintenance Technicians ensure that plant and equipment perform to the required standard to facilitate production targets regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost within High Value Manufacturing environments.
This requires the application of a complex blend of skills, knowledge and occupational behaviours across the electrical, electronic, mechanical, fluid power and control systems disciplines.
The main responsibilities of an Engineering Maintenance Technician are:
- Maintaining machinery and equipment
- Trouble shooting issues to maintain productivity
- Repairing faults in machinery and equipment
- Monitoring and maintaining the running of the plant, equipment and systems in line with a preventative maintenance schedule
- Reacting immediately to emergency breakdowns of plant and equipment
- Ensuring that equipment is reliable and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Implementing modifications in the manufacturing process (this can include manufacturing and fitting new parts or modifying existing parts where necessary)
- Work in a safe manner following all Health and Safety regulations
- Following all IMS procedures relating to his/her own work activities
- Liaising with Managers/Team Leaders and other departments as required
- To work as an integral part of the Engineering Team to ensure that work is carried out as efficiently as possible
- To attend training courses as and when required. I.e. renewal of licences and updating of knowledge
The role holder is expected to:
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Be computer literate i.e. internet and intranet, all Microsoft packages
- Be flexible and committed approach to all tasks
- Have excellent time management
- Ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures and in such a way so as to prevent any fraudulent activities taking place
- Comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- Update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- Comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company.
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence).
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Mechatronics Maintenance Technician.
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).