Maintenance Technician Assistant
- Company: Keith Crabtree & Michael Scholfield T/A Optimech
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000050
- Weekly wage: £280.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Engineering Maintenance Technician based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Will be fully trained in all aspects of Machine alignment and general engineering inspections and service works in multi industries across the UK and Europe working in Manufacturing facilities including Printing, Coating, Corrugating and Auto manufacturing. Will be carrying out inspection and service works in the manufacturing plants as listed as well as carrying out Machine alignment surveys.
General workshop duties will involve bench fitting, machining and welding – usually in preparation for site service works.
- Minimum 18 yrs of age, Passport required.
- Must be fully vaccinated – due to the ongoing travel restrictions globally.
- Willing to travel as our business is site based
- Weekend working is frequent – but time off during week will be given
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)