- Company: Premier Hose Technologies Ltd
- Location: Preston
- Vacancy Ref: 00000024
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Machinist Apprentice based in Preston .
We are looking for an Apprentice Machinist to join our expanding team!
The aim of a machinist is to set, program, and operate computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools to produce precision parts.
The apprentice will learn:
- To work from drawings to produce CNC programs by manual means, and by use of engineering software;
- To set the machine and tools to run the programs; and to use the correct measurement tools and equipment to check the quality of work produced.
- Additional training opportunities offered when required to run alongside BTEC and NVQ programs.
A wide range of duties in a busy environment, will be covered, we have four production departments and successful candidates will move through each department during the Apprenticeship before specialising in one of the areas. Apprentices can expect to cover bench fitting, design and machining, and some electrical based duties in the production of new products and the servicing of used equipment.
Training to be provided
- Functional Skills, Level 2 in Mathematics, English, ICT, working with others and improving your own learning. Functional Skills requirements is subject to the successful applicants GCSE results. Grade A–C and within 5 years old means the apprentice will be relaxed from completing functional skills. Certification evidence will need to be provided.
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
As well as on the job training the successful applicant will also gain a Level 3 qualification in Engineering with our Training provider. This requires the apprentice to study one day a week with the Training Provider in Blackburn and also attend block training sessions to train on specific skill sets, all within your normal working hours.