Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprentice
- Company: Bridge Catering Fabrications
- Location: Rossendale
- Vacancy Ref: 0029B
- Weekly wage: £212.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Fabricator/Welder based in Rossendale.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to carry out metal fabrication work using things such as rolled steel joists, columns, channels, steel plate and metal sheet etc. Fabricators use a large range of metals including steel, aluminium and titanium at a range of thicknesses from 0.5mm up to over 20mm.
The successful candidate will train and become competent at welding, components and castings, learning to weld both MIG & TIG to a very high standard.
You will also be trained to learn:
- Basic engineering drawing
- Measuring and marking out
- Knowledge of engineering materials
- Handling of engineering information
Additional skills covered may include:
- Fitting using hand skills
- Producing sheet metal components and assemblies using a range of welding techniques and principles
Your job role will consist of different tasks such as:
- General welding in a manufacturing environment
- TIG weld.
- General Fabrication of stainless steel items such as tables, benches, cabinets using appropriate equipment and processes.
- Capable with, other manufacturing equipment such as a pillar drill, band saw and other power tools.
- Good communication skills on the shop floor.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure but still work to high standard.
- Maintaining a clean and organised department.
- Work in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- Working to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Meeting production demands and targets.
- Working with various power tools.
- Ensuring quality and high standards are constantly met.
- Good visual inspection skills, with the ability to read engineering drawings is desirable.
- Hand Finish components using a grinder, files and emery paper.
- Assemble component parts prior to subsequent operations.
- Ensure assigned work is understood prior to commencing
- Carry out any lawful instruction by a member of the Management team.
Training to be provided
- Extended Diploma in Fabrication & Welding NVQ L3
- Diploma in Engineering L3
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved)