Level 2 CNC Press Brake Apprentice
- Company: Bridge Catering Fabrications
- Location: Rossendale
- Vacancy Ref: 00299
- Weekly wage: £212.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for a Level 2 CNC Press Brake Apprentice based in Rossendale.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
CNC Press Brake Apprentice’s are predominantly involved in engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustain the sector.
The role covers a wide range of common and job specific skills sets that can be transferred across the manufacturing engineering industry sectors during the course of their careers. Dependent on the sector that they are employed in there may be subtle differences in terms of composition and application of the job role specific skills and knowledge they will require, however the core skills and knowledge will be the same regardless of the sector/area they work in.
A CNC Press Brake Apprentice must comply with statutory regulations and organisation safety requirements including any environmental compliance procedures and systems; Identify hazards and hazardous situations; Prepare the work area and equipment; Obtain and follow the appropriate job documentation and work instructions; Extract the necessary data and information from specifications and related documentation; Carryout the engineering activities in line with their job role; Carry quality checks as required; working with minimum supervision either individually or as part of a team and will be responsible for their own actions and for the quality and accuracy and timely delivery of the work they undertake.
A CNC Press Brake Apprentice’s main duties include:
- To do a daily start up and shut down of the machine
- Working with sheet metal, dealing with a variety of products and materials
- To produce fault free products
- Maintaining a clean and organised department.
- Work in accordance with company processes and procedures.
- To check job paperwork and liaise with the Drawing department for tooling/program issues
- Meeting production demands and targets.
- To record sheet usage against scrap/waste
- Ensuring quality and high standards are constantly met.
- Good visual inspection skills, with the ability to read engineering drawings is desirable.
- Assemble component parts prior to subsequent operations.
- Ensure assigned work is understood prior to commencing
- Carry out any lawful instruction by a member of the Management team.
A CNC Press Brake Apprentice will understand:
- How to obtain the necessary job instructions, engineering drawings and specifications and how to interpret them
- Relevant statutory, quality, environmental compliance procedures/systems, organisational and health and safety regulations relating to engineering operations
- Their individual roles and responsibilities within the organisation and the flexibility required to support the achievement of company targets
- Engineering operational practices, processes and procedures
- Potential problems that can occur within the engineering operations and how they can be avoided
Training to be provided
- Level 2 BTEC Extended Diploma
- Functional Skills, Level 2 in Mathematics, English, ICT, working with others and improving your own learning. Functional Skills requirements is subject to the successful applicants GCSE results. Grade A–C and within 5 years old means the apprentice will be relaxed from completing functional skills. Certification evidence will need to be provided.
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities