Lean Manufacturing Operative
- Company: Seaways Services Uk Ltd
- Location: Burnley
- Vacancy Ref: 0022H
- Weekly wage: £256.12
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Lean Manufacturing Operative based in Burnley.
The vacancy is an opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in Manufacturing.
Lean Manufacturing Operative will be expected to carry out their work safely and meet the exacting quality standards demanded in a fast paced and efficient processing environment and develop into a multi–skilled operator through process ownership.
A lean manufacturing operative can be required to carry out manufacturing activities on multiple products with different specifications consecutively, such as:
- Assist with all shipping, receiving, and inventory organization operations
- Work under supervision and direction of warehouse manager
- Help to efficiently carry out all product loading and unloading tasks
- Scan and track incoming and outgoing orders
- Receive and process new inventory, ensuring contents match manifest documents
- Inspect receivables for defects, damages, or missing items
- Properly scan and inventory incoming goods
- Unload, stack, move, and place products in designated areas
- Move and transfer products between various sections of the warehouse as needed
- Use forklifts, pallet jacks, hand carts, etc. to transfer and deliver goods
- Perform detailed manual inventory counts
- Label warehouse stock for quick and easy identification and retrieval
- Stack, shelve, and stage items for storage and shipment as necessary
- Fulfil and track outgoing orders
- Collect, prepare, package, and label goods for shipment
- Double–check items to verify the accuracy of outgoing orders
- Ensure tools and equipment are kept clean and in working order
- Report any equipment malfunctions or issues to upper management
- Follow all warehouse policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Adhere to health and safety rules and regulations at all times
- Wear protective clothing and equipment as required
- Operate tools and machinery safely and efficiently according to company protocol
- Work with other warehouse team members to effectively complete assigned tasks
Training to be provided
- Level 2 BTEC Extended Diploma
- Functional Skills, Level 2 in Mathematics, English, ICT, working with others and improving your own learning. Functional Skills requirements is subject to the successful applicants GCSE results. Grade A–C and within 5 years old means the apprentice will be relaxed from completing functional skills. Certification evidence will need to be provided.
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
If successful, the apprentice will be based at their employer working the hours agreed in their contract. The apprentice will need to attend Training 2000 to complete the relevant skill units that have been agreed by Training 2000 and the employer, this will consist of the apprentice completing 6 blocks of skill specific Manufacturing training lasting 4 weeks each. As well as this they will also begin their Further Education course, BTEC Diploma and classroom based learning.