Housing Administrator Apprentice
- Company: Centaur Housing Association LTD
- Location: Chorley
- Vacancy Ref: 00000152
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Business
This vacancy is for a Housing Administration Apprentice based in Chorley.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
The main objectives of the Apprentice Housing Administrator Supported Living role are;
- To provide administrative support to the Operational Team to support the delivery of Intensive Housing Management and Support Services to Tenants of Centaur Housing Association and of our Housing Partners by being the first point of contact.
- To provide office administration support to the team by welcoming guests, typing, filing, photocopying, answering the telephone, message taking, arranging appointments, monitoring rent payments and bringing to the attention of colleagues any work–related omissions or deficits.
- To maintain professional working partnerships with customers, partners, suppliers and contractors alike.
- To assist the team to organise repairs and maintenance in line with the business target timescales, identifying contactors for areas of operation and coordinating access with tenants and their support staff.
- This is a great opportunity for an individual who would like the opportunity to develop their experience and knowledge of Supported Living Housing Management, with the opportunity to progress within the company.
- To prepare documentation for tenancy sign ups, assisting support providers to submit applications for Housing Benefit in a timely manner.
- To assist in the monitoring and collection of rent and HB payments and liaising with tenants and their representatives, Local Authorities, Financial appointee’s whilst following the company’s procedures.
- To acknowledge and record all reports of Anti–social behaviour, neighbour complaints, noise nuisance in line with the company’s procedures, communicating with internal and external parties.
- To assist in the arranging of property maintenance ‘Quality Inspections’ and record and monitor property inspections carried out by the housing management team to ensure properties are maintained to a high standard.
.* To place orders and arrange delivery of white goods, carpets, decorating, fixtures and fittings etc whilst keeping records maintained.
- To assist in seeking approved contractors to develop the approved contractors list accordingly.
- To assist the Housing Management Team to establish and manage a system of regular maintenance upkeep activities according to the allocated budget e.g. gardening, window cleaning, white goods and furniture etc.
- To assist in marketing properties for sale, producing Marketing brochures for Void rooms/properties to advertise voids to social services. To assist with updating Local Council’s Void Portal’s to ensure voids are marketed to Social Services and Support Providers.
- To provide administrative support to the Housing Management team when arranging, and completing any follow up works from void property checks, reporting any repairs to the contractor.
- To assist in the management of complaints ensuring that all complaints are acknowledged in writing and brought to the attention of the relevant person.
- To assist in the annual review of rents and leases, notifying HB departments, tenants, property owners and leaseholders of any changes in line with the company’s processes.
- To ensure the accurate and safe filing of information required by the Company processes.
- To ensure that all operational files and PC Homes (Contact Management Systems) are well maintained in a confidential and secure manner at all times.
- To assist in placing orders for stationery and office items.
*To communicate with both internal and external parties to record and process correspondence such as income collection, permission for works, ASB, void marketing, repairs and maintenance, minutes of meetings, all tenancy matters etc.
- To work on projects with all departments from time to time to provide administrative support.
- To participate in staff training, induction, supervision and appraisal programmes.
- To follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- To provide office/telephone cover to ensure the business objectives are met at all times.
- To maintain a clean, presentable and Health and Safety conscious manner in terms of dress code and conduct.
- To assist in ensuring that budgets are managed efficiently by providing information when required.
- To process expenditure only in line with the Authority Matrix.
- To participate in any staff meetings and required training.
- To participate in the Company’s obligations in respect of the Health, Safety and Welfare of staff.
- To participate in any trade or networking event considered advantageous to the Company.
- To ensure maintenance of confidentiality, Data Protection and related policies.
- The above description is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Post Holder will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the evolution of the role within the organisation and the movement of overall business objectives.
- The main duties of the post may be reviewed in the light of experience and developments within the Company. Any review will be undertaken in conjunction with the Post Holder.
- Centaur Housing Association is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Training to be provided
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, QCF
- (Functional Skills, Level 2 – Maths, English – if not already achieved)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills