HGV Technician Assistant
- Company: Monks Contractors Limited
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000062
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Automotive
This vacancy is for a HGV Technician Assistant based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice HGV Mechanic with a genuine interest in mechanics to join our busy workshop team based at Monks Contractors, Mellor Brook.
Training and support will be provided and will be divided between our on–site workshop and Training 2000.
Working within our safety standards, the role of the Apprentice HGV Mechanic will be to assist the Workshop Foreman, Fitters and Welders to carry out:
- Routine servicing on HGV vehicles and trailers
- MOT preparation
- General maintenance
- Fault diagnostics
- Ensure Health and Safety Compliance
The successful candidate needs to have the ability to work in a busy environment alongside other colleagues and have a willingness to learn and must have the following key skills;
- Good practical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication
- Must be a team player
In return for the above, we offer:
- Fully paid induction
- Full uniform & PPE
- Attractive rates of pay for the right candidate
- Family–run business
- Potential for a full time position and progression within the company once the apprenticeship is complete.
Salary will be subject to individual experience and qualifications.
Training to be provided
- Work based training and mentoring.
- Off–site theory and practical training on a day release basis.
- L3 HEAVY VEHICLE SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN