Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
- Company: North West Commercials & Chassis Specialists Ltd
- Location: Preston
- Vacancy Ref: 001ZB
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Automotive
This vacancy is for an Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship based in Preston.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
This apprenticeship is suitable for aspiring technicians looking to specialise in Heavy Vehicles. Learn how to service, inspect and repair Heavy Vehicles in categories and their associated trailers and ancillaries.
A Heavy Vehicle technician works on all the systems found within the vehicle, ranging from replacing simple parts through to solving complex faults with the use of diagnostic methods and equipment. The day–to–day tasks faced by the technician are constantly changing, driven by the introduction of ever more complex technologies and diagnostic techniques. They work in either a dealership that focuses on a particular manufacturer or for an independent garage, franchise or large fleet operator that deals with many different makes of vehicles. Designed with different learning styles in mind, ensures apprentices are fully engaged and prepared for their End–Point Assessment (EPA).
Duties will include:
- Service and maintain trucks and trailers to a high standard
- Prepare vehicles to MOT standard as minimum
- Have a great attention to detail
- Understanding of compliance
- Follow workshop procedures
Training to be provided
- Work based training and mentoring. Off–site theory and practical training on a day release basis.