- Company: Orrell Group Ltd T.A Pronar Uk Ltd
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000007
- Weekly wage: £180.37
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Fabricator/Welder based in Blackburn, Lancashire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Orrell group is looking for a Fabricator Welder apprentice to complete an apprenticeship to join their team.
Job Role includes:
- Learn how to accurately read technical drawings which are provided by the design team.
- Learn how to undertake any welding works required ensuring the correct and safe production of components
- Work with the manufacturing team to learn about the maintenance of plant and equipment
- To fabricate items in mild steel and stainless steel including marking out, setting up and welding
- Mig/tig welding
- Keeping scrap to a minimum
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Wear all PPE at all times when carrying out work and when around the factory
Principle role & responsibilities:
To ensure the efficient fabrication of steelworks through the safe operation of relevant machinery and hand tools, while making sure HSE is adhered to at all times.
Training to be provided
- Extended Diploma in Fabrication & Welding NVQ L3
- Diploma in Engineering L3
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved)