Fabricator & Welder Apprentice
- Company: Walkersteel Engineering Services
- Location: Accrington
- Vacancy Ref: 00000208
- Weekly wage: £208.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
Walkersteel Engineering is now offering a fantastic opportunity for a Fabrication & Welding Apprentice to join our team based in Church, Accrington.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
We are a team of innovators, designers and engineers who work with organisations both large and small to solve complex problems, delivering quality time–critical products & services to a wide selection of industries. Our diligent approach is based on our philosophy that consistency, quality, and our people are critical to building trust and customer satisfaction.
You will be involved with a variety of tasks across the business, rotating around different areas of production
throughout your apprenticeship.
Main responsibilities could include:
- Set up and tack weld.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of materials, their properties, and applications.
- Operate robotic welding equipment
- Become fully conversant with a range of fabrication methods including metal bending, cutting, finishing, and dressing.
- Complete full welding of seams and joints.
- Work safely & in accordance with safe working procedures, always having regard for your safety and the safety of others.
- Identifying safety risks and hazards and complying with relevant safety procedures and regulations.
- Setting up the components for the welding process as per specifications.
- Operating tools and equipment safely & correctly to meet requirements.
- Reading drawings and blueprints and taking detailed measurements to plan the project layout
- Cutting and joining material. General fabrication tasks to achieve productivity.
- Specialisation in specific areas of welding. E.g. Mig / Tig
- Ensure workings are to high quality standards & meet production specification.
- Determining the correct equipment to use and method based on the requirements.
- Preparing component steel parts prior to welding.
Training to be provided
The apprentice will be working towards completing the Metal Fabricator Standard which will include the following:
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- L3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved).