Engineering Technician - Mechatronics
- Company: Consolidated Distribution Housing (Crawley)
- Location: Crawley
- Vacancy Ref: 00000039
- Weekly wage: £229.20
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Engineering Maintenance Technician (Mechatronics) based in Crawley, West Sussex.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Fantastic opportunity to join CDH Group, a leading compressed air company, as a Compressed Air Service Apprentice. With a reputation for providing high quality technical expertise and a commitment to providing a first–class level of after sales service you’ll be trained to the highest level.
Working within our Service Leads and their teams to learn and deliver technical support across the business, including pro active and reactive maintenance. You will work closely with engineers and leading compressed air manufacturers to understand the complete compressed air system and different applications.
During training, you will work alongside a team of highly skilled engineers to carry out preventive and corrective maintenance and to identify opportunities and implement solutions, to improve efficiency, equipment reliability, product quality, with consideration with regards to health and safety and the environment.
You will answer incoming phone calls and e–mails from colleagues and address their questions regarding ongoing work, as well as troubleshooting any technical problems they may have. Alongside this, you will support field engineers.
The long–term role responsibilities may include:
- Service Technical Support
- Work alongside the Technical Support Manager to support field service engineers in fault finding and coordinate handovers.
- Be the technical frontline for stakeholders, ensuring that our established and potentially new relationships are maintained and developed through your professional approach.
- For more complex problems that require instruction, you will also contact customers via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
- Work closely with manufacturer stakeholders
- Investigate and report on technical nonconformities.
- To provide technical sales support
- Projects Technical Support
- Assist with CAD design and engineering drawings
- Interpret technical specifications for projects
- Brief in work to installation engineers
- To provide specific support for engineering projects
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company
- Attend lectures, practical?s and visits as per training provider learning plan
Skills you’ll develop include:
- Mechanical applications and solutions
- Electrical wiring, testing and installation
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Process Control Systems
- Compressed Air Treatment Maintenance
- Compressed Air Equipment Servicing
- Fault finding
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations