Engineering Manufacturing CAD Technician
- Company: SEL Environmental LTD
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 0026V
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Technical Support CAD Technician based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Technical Support Technicians work as part of a team to provide technical support and expertise for all areas of the Engineering and Manufacturing function. The key aspect to this role is to ensure products are produced to the required specification and/or systems remain operational within their designated field.
We are actively looking for an enthusiastic Junior CAD Technician interested in 2 and 3D engineering design to join our team in Blackburn designing and manufacturing cutting edge sustainable drainage products for the UK and around the World.
Requirements and capabilities:
- Previous experience in AutoCAD design is preferable but not a limiting factor, if you are designing 2D and 3D engineering at home, please do apply.
- Willingness to learn
- High attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic
- Highly motivated
Duties will also include (but not be exclusive to):
- Day to day coordination of field service activities
- Preparation of documentation that contains all relevant and necessary data and information required for the technical activity being carried out
- Provide technical advice and guidance to others
- Contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures.
If successful, the apprentice will be based at their employer working the hours agreed in their contract. The apprentice will need to attend Training 2000 to complete the relevant skill units that have been agreed by Training 2000 and the employer, this will consist of the apprentice completing 6 blocks of skill specific Engineering training lasting 4 weeks each. As well as this they will also begin their Further Education course, BTEC Diploma and classroom based learning.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Toolmaker, Tool & Die Maintenence.
- Level 3 Diploma or extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved).