Electrical Maintenance Engineering Apprentice
- Company: Vita Cellular Foams (Uk) Ltd - Caligen Foam Ltd
- Location: Accrington
- Vacancy Ref: 0025G
- Weekly wage: £167.70
- Hours per week: 39
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for a Electrical Maintenance Engineer Apprentice based in Accrington.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Provide the on–site engineering maintenance cover required to meet the needs of an expending business. A time–served multi–skilled engineer able to work with electrical control systems to fault finding level as well as carry out mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic fault finding and repairs to a range of foam conversion equipment. Must have a thorough understanding PLC controls ideally be able to perform minor PLC changes. Strong oral and written communication, analytical and problem–solving skills essential as well as a broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering and site facilities. Must be self–motivated, have excellent judgment and be able to multitask under pressure.
- To monitor and inspect the condition of production equipment, the site facilities and carryout maintenance and repairs as necessary, to ensure safety and maximise uptime performance.
- To devise planned preventative maintenance schedules and update the CMMS accurately and on time
- Monitor line performance for operational efficiency, report to management OEE and devise improvements to existing processes;
- Carryout Root cause analysis when a breakdown occurs and implement solutions to mitigate reoccurrence
- Assist with safety related issues on site including writing of risk assessments and safe operating procedures – a key member of the site safety team
- Manage small projects when required
- Ordering and stock control of spare parts, generate critical spares lists
- Identify and organise condition monitoring routines
- Organise and supervise external contractors carrying out work on site, ensuring permits are issued and Vita / regulatory standards are met at all times
- Ensure statutory records for equipment are maintained on time
- Create and keep updated maintenance work lists and proactively report to management progress
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Strong fault diagnosis skills on industrial electrical and mechanical systems to rectify breakdowns of production machinery and site facilities
- Able to read electrical and mechanical drawings with CAD experience desirable
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance tasks
- Record all planned and unplanned work in the CMMS before end of shift
- Ensure all engineering work carried out on site is completed to the required safety standards
- Issue permits to work and monitor contractor performance
- Monitor and record the performance of production equipment
- Suggest improvements and if approved carryout associated modifications as small projects
- Liaise with suppliers, obtaining best prices and deliveries for services, spare parts and equipment purchases
- When necessary work on the line / equipment to monitor performance
- Become an expert in the operation of all equipment on site
- Handover shift meeting at end of shift
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. Other duties may be assigned.
Training to be provided
- Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering NVQ L3
- Diploma in Engineering L3
- Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT at L2 (if not already achieved)