Dental Nurse Apprentice
- Company: Renovo Dental Limited
- Location: Clitheroe
- Vacancy Ref: 00000831
- Weekly wage: £312.60
- Hours per week: 30
- Sector: Dental
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of our fantastic team at our new state of the art Private Dental practice in Chatburn, Clitheroe. A specialist dental clinic offering the whole range of dental procedures including cosmetic dentistry, clear braces, dental implants and sedation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, willing and organised individual to become an Apprentice Dental Nurse.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will assist the clinician within the surgery and provide patients with a high level of care. Some patients require empathy and you will need to be able to put patients at ease and work under pressure at all times.
You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that need to be shown throughout the interview process. A confident, focused individual who is eager to put the work in and go above and beyond. Being a team player is a must.You will be required to attend college one day per week.
You will be supported and mentored by the practice team and will report directly to the Principle Dentist. Further courses and career progression is highly encouraged and supported.
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
Duties will include, but is not limited to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist and the clinical team in a professional and appropriate manner
- Supporting the clinician with chairside assistance
- Preparing instruments and materials for certain treatments
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Working with Dental software on a computer
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Working in accordance with all the company Policies and Procedures
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
- First Aid.
- Preparation for the end point assessment.