Dental Nurse Apprentice
- Company: Wellgate Dental Practice
- Location: Clitheroe
- Vacancy Ref: 00000134
- Weekly wage: £173.16
- Hours per week: 36
- Sector: Dental
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Clitheroe, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
A Dental Nurse helps the dentist in performing any type of dental care treatment and processes.
The individual will prepare instruments that will be used during dental procedures and sterilises the used instruments after the procedure. A dental nurse records the medical information of the patient and makes sure that they are comfortable inside the surgery.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the dentist/therapist/hygienist during dental care procedures
- Sets up and closes down the surgery before and after treatments
- Makes sure all clinical waste and sharps are appropriately disposed of
- Makes sure that all areas are cleaned and well–maintained
- Keeps the patients records accurately and confidentially
- Cleans the instruments and make sure they regularly sterilised
- Keep the dental materials in stock and keep equipment in drawers clean and tidy and stocked up
- Greets and welcomes patients positively
- General day to day duties
- Make telephone and face to face appointments
- Follow COVID procedures
- Take payments for treatment from patients
- Ensure ALL working areas are kept clean and tidy from any debris
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
- First Aid
- Preparation for the end point assessment