Customer Service Apprentice Level 2
- Company: Barnoldswick Medical Centre
- Location: Barnoldswick
- Vacancy Ref: 0027L
- Weekly wage: £165.00
- Hours per week: 30
- Sector: Business
This vacancy is for a Customer Service Apprentice based in Barnoldswick.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception and administrative duties and the provision of general support to the multidisciplinary team. Duties can include but are not limited to, greeting and directing patients, patient registration, booking appointments, processing of information (electronic and hard copy) and assisting patients as required. To act as the central point of contact for patients, the distribution of information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team, liaising with multidisciplinary team members and external agencies such as secondary care and community service providers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The following are the core responsibilities of the receptionist. There may be on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Monitoring the practice appointment system
- Process personal, telephone and e–requests for appointments
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately
- Answer the intercom and book patients in appropriately
- Send AccuRx message and deal with responses
- Action all incoming faxes
- Signpost patients to the correct service
- Process incoming and outgoing mail/email
- Initiating contact with and responding to, requests from patients, team members and external agencies
- Read code data on EMIS Web system where necessary
- Process repeat prescriptions including those submitted online and by email.
- Process requests for online medical record access.
- Photocopy documentation as required
- File and store records as required
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information as required
- Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary
- Scanning of patient related documentation and attaching scanned documents to patient’s healthcare records and emails where necessary.
- Process requests for information i.e. SAR, insurance / solicitors letters and DVLA forms to the administrative team
- Manage all queries (including administrative queries) as necessary in an efficient manner
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Monitor and maintain the reception area and notice boards
- Support all clinical staff with general tasks as requested
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post–holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post–holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, the practice Health & Safety Manual, and the practice Infection Control policy and published procedures. This will include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Actively reporting of health and safety hazards and infection hazards immediately when recognised
- Keeping own work areas and general / patient areas generally clean, assisting in the maintenance of general standards of cleanliness consistent with the scope of the job holder’s role
- Undertaking periodic infection control training (minimum annually)
- Reporting potential risks identified
Equality and Diversity:
The post–holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non–judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post–holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post–holder will strive to maintain quality within the Practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
The post–holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post–holder will:
- Apply Practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
Training to be provided
- BTEC Diploma in Customer Service L2 (embedded in the BTEC in Business Administration)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Functional Skills Mathematics and English – up to L2
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills