Control Panel Manufacturing Apprentice
- Company: Iris BHC Limited
- Location: Darwen
- Vacancy Ref: 00000223
- Weekly wage: £192.40
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Engineering Fitter based in Darwen, Lancashire
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
As an apprentice you will be trained in all functions within engineering fitting as well as completing a 3 year apprenticeship involving on the job learning via a recognised training provider.
This occupation is found in manufacturing and process sectors.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to produce complex high value, low volume components or assemblies in full or part, using machines, equipment or systems, to the required specification. For example, turbines, cranes, gearboxes, production lines, rigs and platforms. Fitters may typically have a mechanical, electrical, electronic, control systems, pipe fitting or instrumentation bias or operate across multiple disciplines depending on the type of assembly. To produce or re–furbish the components fitters will interpret drawings/specifications and plan their work, for example ensuring they have the right tools, equipment and resources to complete the task to the required specification. Fitters are required to check their work against quality standards and make adjustments as required based on their knowledge. On completion of the task a fitter will hand over the product and prepare the work area for the next task by checking equipment meets the standards required to operate. They may be based in a workshop or clients premises – this may include hazardous environments.
In their daily work, an employee in this occupation typically interacts with line managers/supervisors; depending on the size of the employer and nature of the work they may work as part of a team of fitters or independently. They may interact with personnel in other functions for example installation and maintenance engineers, health & safety and quality assurance personnel, as well as internal or external customers.
An employee in this occupation will be responsible for completion of their work to the required specification and deadlines, in line with quality, health & safety and environmental regulations and requirements, with minimum supervision.
Some Duties may include:
- To maintain a clean & tidy work enviroment
- To measure and mark backplates in preparation for drilling and manufacture
- To drill cut and place components on control panel backplates
- To wire control panels to electrical drawings
Training to be provided
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma.
- Functional Skills, Level 2 in Mathematics, English, ICT, working with others and improving your own learning. Functional Skills requirements is subject to the successful applicants GCSE results. Grade A–C and within 5 years old means the apprentice will be relaxed from completing functional skills. Certification evidence will need to be provided.
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.