CNC Manufacturing Apprentice
- Company: Pneumatrol Ltd
- Location: Accrington
- Vacancy Ref: 00000058
- Weekly wage: £180.37
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an CNC Manufacturing Apprentice based in Oswaldtwistle, Accrington .
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
This rewarding career requires a broad skill set – math, mechanical design, interpreting technical drawings and programs, eye for detail – to properly transform a metal casting into a valuable working machined part. It’s a unique fusion of digital and physical, brains and hands–on work.
CNC Machinists work with computer numerical controlled machine (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic and other materials. Computer numerical controlled equipment is precision machinery that cuts, grinds, or drills into material. CNC machinists make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well and producing a quality product. They review the finished product to make sure it is defect free and ready for the next step in production.
Machinists in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled complex and precision work. They machine components from specialist materials using conventional and/or CNC machine tools.
The range of tools and equipment you may use as part of your daily tasks may include:
- Centre Lathes
- Vertical and Horizontal Milling Machines
- Horizontal and Cylindrical Grinding Machines
- Single and Multi–Axis CNC Machines
Daily Tasks include:
- Using hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Conversant with Engineering drawing practice
- Assisting in other production tasks
- Ensuring a smooth handover at the start and finish of your shift
- Demonstrate good housekeeping practices
- Apply best practice standards in all areas of Health and Safety, quality procedures, Standard
- Operating Procedures & Job Safety Analysis systems
- Proactively identify & make recommendations for improvements
- Ensure provided personal protective equipment is maintained & used as prescribed, replenishing as necessary
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)