CNC Machinist Apprentice
- Company: Addison Engineering (Hillhouse) Company
- Location: Thornton Cleveleys
- Vacancy Ref: 0022T
- Weekly wage: £161.25
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an CNC Machinist Apprentice based in Thornton–Cleveleys.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
CNC Machinists work with computer numerical controlled machine (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic and other materials. Computer numerical controlled equipment is precision machinery that cuts, grinds, or drills into material.
CNC machinists make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well and producing a quality product. They review the finished product to make sure it is defect free and ready for the next step in production.
Machinists in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled complex and precision work. They machine components from specialist materials using conventional and/or CNC machine tools.
The range of tools and equipment you may use as part of your daily tasks may include:
- Centre Lathes
- Vertical and Horizontal Milling Machines
- Horizontal and Cylindrical Grinding Machines
- Single and Multi–Axis CNC Machines
- To do carving profiles for ionic capitals and architectural corbels using small router cutters, like a 45–degree tool, 16mm radius and a 3mm radius for finer detailing which can produce amazingly detailed finishes
- Setting cutter depths
- Running programs The Role
- Clear–cut progression to becoming a fully–qualified CNC Maintenance Engineer.
- Full training as well as recognised, specialist courses and qualifications.
- Working within first–class facilities on cutting–edge machine tools
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)