CNC Machinist Apprentice
- Company: Orrell Group Ltd T.A Pronar Uk Ltd
- Location: Blackburn
- Vacancy Ref: 00000006
- Weekly wage: £180.37
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for an Apprentice CNC Machinist based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Orrell group is looking for a CNC apprentice to complete an apprenticeship to join their team.
Job Role includes:
- Preparing and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as cutting drilling, etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading paperwork and plans
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)