CNC Machine Operator Apprentice
- Company: Alan Gordon Engineering Co Ltd
- Location: Chorley
- Vacancy Ref: 0029E
- Weekly wage: £176.00
- Hours per week: 40
- Sector: Engineering
This vacancy is for a CNC Machine Operator Apprentice based in Chorley, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Machinists in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex and precision work, machining components from specialist materials using conventional and/or CNC machine tools such as centre lathes, vertical and horizontal milling machines, horizontal and cylindrical grinding machines, electro discharge machines, single and multi–axis CNC machine tools centres.
They will be expected to be able to set up, operate and adjust/edit equipment settings as applicable to the machine tool being used.
When using CNC equipment they will be expected to be able to produce, prove and/or edit programmes.
During and on completion of the machining operations they will be expected to measure and check the components being produced and make adjustments to the equipment/programme to ensure components meet the required specification.
The range of tools and equipment you may use as part of your daily tasks may include:
- Centre Lathes
- Vertical and Horizontal Milling Machines
- Horizontal and Cylindrical Grinding Machines
- Single and Multi–Axis CNC Machines
Training to be provided
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Machining
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)