Business Admin Apprentice
- Company: Compass Fuels
- Location: Preston
- Vacancy Ref: 00000729
- Weekly wage: £238.00
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Sector: Business
This vacancy is for a Business Administrator Apprentice based in Preston.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to support the business with general administrative duties as well as other ad–hoc duties defined by management.
Working within the Accounts Department of a growing Local Fuel Supplier & National Distributor, you will be
supporting and be part of the Accounts team, you may also be expected to provide Admin support to the Sales
Team when required. We are based in a semi rural location and therefore transport / access to public transport is
an essential consideration for applicants.
During your Apprenticeship you can expect to be involved in the following duties with varying degrees of frequency:
- Learning about the companies mission and available products/services
- Processing of Customer Orders and Maintaining Customer Data Database
- Inputting figures accurately to create customer Invoices
- Emails Outbound, both with and without attachments
- Emails Inbound, manage and distribute a high volume of emails ensuring they are distributed and
- Utilising spreadsheets to manage and manipulate data.
- Deal with Incoming and Outgoing Mail
- Handle cash payments, creating receipts and posting of payments
- Telephone calls inbound and outbound
- Ordering and monitoring of stationery stocks
- Writing and editing company correspondence
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Being willing and ready to take on other administrative tasks that are required
Training to be provided
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration, QCF.
- (Functional Skills, Level 2 – Maths, English – if not already achieved).
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.